A day in my pouch

My yesterday in post weight loss surgery eating.

Breakfast: These are soooo good. A great start to the day. The leftovers reheat well 20 seconds in the microwave. I filled mine with a dollop of SF Torani sweetened ricotta cheese and topped it with a drizzle of Sugar Free Strawberry Sauce (SF Jam nuked a few seconds would be great too.)


Shelly's Protein Crepes

2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Soy Milk (I use Silk Vanilla)
1/4 cup minus 1 Tablespoon Water
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
1/2 cup Spelt Flour
1/4 cup Protein Powder (I used Chike Strawberry Burst)
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
dash of Salt

Blend all ingredients on low till thoroughly combined. Pour into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for a half-hour.


Spray a non-stick 8 to 10 inch crepe pan with Pam. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and twirl it around to spread the batter in a thin circle.


Cook till top appears dry and flip. Cook a minute or so on other side. Repeat till all batter is used. While you are making them you can keep them warm in a low oven 200 degrees or nuke for 20 seconds before serving. Makes 8-10 crepes depending on size of pan.

Yes, you can use a fry pan but crepe pans with their shallow sides make the process so much easier. They are under $15 usually.

Lunch: It was so hot yesterday. I made it over to Costco to get a few things and decided to pick up one their pre-cooked shrimp trays (refrigerated section) for lunch. I had a few shrimp, a dollop of cocktail sauce and a cheesestick.


Dinner: Salmon in a foil packet. Frozen Salmon filet, half a small zucchini sliced, a handful of baby cherry tomatoes I picked up at the Farmer's Market, 1 diced green onion, a teaspoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, herbs or seasoning of your choice, this time I used oregano. Wrap tight. BBQ covered for 25 minutes from frozen, 15 from fresh. No peeking. Perfection every time.


I didn't want to heat up the house and these foil packet dinners work out great. A complete meal, no standing in front of the stove or turning on the oven and not a whole lot of clean-up. I have some leftover salmon from this I'll be turning into salmon salad and eating today for lunch. Packet dinner leftovers also make great tortilla pizza toppings the next day or the start of tasty egg bites (crustless quiches.)

Snacks: About 10 Frozen Protein Drops popped throughout the day to cool off. I love these suckers. I pop them in my mouth but they are also great in protein shakes instead of ice.


It was 102.9°F (the day before we hit 108°F) and to make matters worse the nearby-ish Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton was doing live ammo maneuvers and set something on fire and the smoke drifted to my town. Cough.

More days in my pouch

post signature